How (and why!) to build a Django based project with SQLAlchemy Core for data analysis
With thanks to Django Stars
Thursday 11:15-11:45 UTC+2 in Main hall
I believe that Django ORM can fit almost 95% of the projects, however, it doesn’t perform well for some tasks. You can switch to raw SQL, but again: if you need an additional level of abstraction to build a flexible and better-maintained product, it won’t be enough. Here is when SQLAlchemy Core comes to fill the gap.
In this talk, I’d like to cover the following topics:
- Django ORM, SQLAlchemy ORM, SQLAlchemy Core;
- when it’s time to consider adding SQLAlchemy Core to the Django application;
- to highlight integration steps;
- how to write tests with SQLAlchemy Core;
- some examples and observations from my personal experience.