Senior Django EngineerCompany: 15Five
Location: Poland, Portugal, Ukraine, Hungary, Netherlands, Spain
Job type: Full-time
15Five is looking for a top-notch Senior Python Engineer to help us bring user experience to the next level. You will work in an amazing environment where both professional and personal growth is promoted. You’ll be playing an important role in collectively creating a company that helps others reach their highest potential. This role will be based in Europe, with the opportunity to work remotely.
Life is too short to build an average product. We strive for greatness in every corner of our product; from launching new features to fixing the smallest bug. We care deeply about the quality of what we put out into the world and ensure 15Five delivers a purposefully positive experience at every touchpoint and customer interaction.
What You'll Do
- Build high-quality robust features in close collaboration with our product team
- Take ownership of everything you build - take responsibility for the overall success of the project you're working on instead of just your part
- Proactively address technical debt and positively impact code coverage
- Provide constructive feedback through code reviews and be humble to embrace feedback that will help you learn and improve our work and processes
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of recent full-time experience in Python (Django, Celery)
- Strong knowledge of database design and optimization (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Ability to understand and articulate the requirements and challenges
- Understanding the main approaches in building high-load environment
- Exposure to AWS is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems/databases is a plus
Who You Are
- You have passion for 15Five's WHY of creating the space for people to be their greatest selves, and you are totally aligned with 15Five's Values
- You enjoy working in a team of like-minded people yet thrive working independently and owning projects
- You have a strong reputation for accountability - your colleagues know they can rely on you
- Someone with a low tolerance for mediocre work
- You communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluate information / data to make decisions
- You desire to always be learning and staying on top of the latest trends and technologies
- You’re passionate about, not only being extraordinary in your work life, but creating an extraordinary personal life as well
By the (3) Month Mark, You'll…
- Be fully up to speed with other Python engineers in the company, owning an area in the application
- Be able to handle the same amount of tickets as other engineers on the team, completing them in a reasonable amount of time.
By the (6) Month Mark, You'll…
- Be contributing culturally and to the team, contributing valuable code reviews
- Demonstrate enthusiasm to continually improve our processes (not just closing tickets)
By the (12) Month Mark, You'll…
- Be training and mentoring new members of the team
- Take on more features/ areas -you will have a reputation for being the go-to resource for specific features
We’re a company that’s out to make history. We envision a world where every person has the opportunity be engaged in work that is meaningful to them, working alongside people they deeply trust and respect, building towards a common and inspiring vision, and where their work not only calls out their individual greatness, but together leads to creating a world-class, high performing company where everybody wins. At 15Five, we’re building that kind of company and we’re looking for exceptional, like-minded individuals to join our team.
15Five helps companies create a culture of feedback, having employees feel heard, and providing their managers with visibility into their organizations. It helps teams produce deeper, more trusted relationships over time, helps managers and executives stay tuned in to issues and great ideas as they arise, and ultimately helps everyone win by creating more transparency and accountability. This leads to employees who are more engaged, and teams who perform at a much higher level.
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Citrix, Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 1,600+ more.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity, belonging and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.
If this all speaks to you, please include a brief note in the “Additional Information” section in your application letting us know why you are interested and why you think your background would be a good fit for the role, team and company. We are looking forward to hearing from you!